November 30, 2021
We are looking for a Communications Intern
Profile and Description
About the European Students’ Union (ESU)
ESU is the umbrella organisation of 45 national unions of students from 39 countries, and through these members represents almost 20 million students. ESU aims to represent and promote students’ educational, social, economic, and cultural interests at a European level towards all relevant bodies, particularly the European Union, Bologna Follow-Up Group, Council of Europe, and UNESCO. Furthermore, ESU actively promotes students’ rights and equal opportunities for all individuals in higher education. For more information have a look at our website.
Duties and responsibilities (other tasks might be assigned)
- Work under the supervision of the Communications Officer, the Head of Secretariat and the Presidency;
- Assistance with the ongoing maintenance of ESU’s website and social media platforms;
- Support with the planning of communication activities and materials for the European Students’ Union’s 40th anniversary;
- Technical assistance to the organisation’s representatives in content creation (e.g. Video, Sound and Graphic editing) and online communication platforms;
- Help with communication and dissemination activities for the projects in which ESU is involved.
Skills and specifications
- Expertise in managing social media platforms and organising content creation focusing on various objectives and target audiences;
- Knowledge of social media platforms and software is required to design and analyse trends and the number of recipients reached;
- Must be able to prioritise tasks and meet strict deadlines;
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organisational skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and software for communication activities like Google Apps, Adobe Apps, WordPress;
- Creativity, adaptability, and a desire for personal growth are required.
Education and qualifications
- Communication interns are students and/or individuals studying communication, public relations, marketing and journalism or any other fields of study with the specialities mentioned above.
Personal and Social Skills
- A team player that can work within a multicultural environment. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. At the same time, they should be a well-organized, dependable individual who can prioritise the tasks assigned to them.
- A strong command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of European institutions and other higher education target audiences;
- Understanding of design software and online platforms (Adobe, Canva, among others);
- Experience with multimedia content creation and management, such as designing the different formats, monitoring, and adjusting content to target audiences.
Details of the Internship:
- Length of position – 6 months (January 2022 – July 2022)
- Compensation for internship – 3000 euro (500 euro/monthly)
- Part-time number of hours expected – max. 20 hours per week
- Location – online, with the possibility of travelling (COVID-19 situation permitting).
How to apply:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover Letter;
- Portfolio demonstrating expertise in the areas specified in the call;
The deadline for applications is 17th December at 23:59 CET.
We are looking for a Communications Intern in PDF