June 14, 2018
Download full response in pdf.
ESU welcomes the open consultation on the Amendment on Visa Code Regulation, and hereby calls on the European Commission to consider the following suggestions:
- Firstly, all groups of students should be informed of the decision on their application as soon as possible, within maximum 30 days.
- Secondly, equal conditions and accessibility for requesting a visa must be ensured worldwide.
- Thirdly, the raising of the age limit in regard to visa fee waivers
With a special regard to long-term visas:
- Firstly, visa and resident permits must be granted for the entire duration of the study programme.
- Secondly, students from third countries must be granted the right to work and study in the hosting country on the same level as domestic students.
- Thirdly, a solution must be found for those students, whose visa wasn’t approved before the beginning of the study programme.
ESU’s response to the public consultation on the Amendment of the Visa Code Regulation