July 19, 2019
The National Union of Students in Hungary (HÖOK) is carrying out an action to improve the conditions of the education of art students. The proposal package, containing 21 points, has already been sent to the Hungarian government.
Some of the highlights of this document are:
- There is no modern education without modern technological infrastructure
- Students should have the opportunity for extensive basic literacy in a more transparent education system
- Humanities training is significantly underfunded. Involve market participants in training courses that also provide professional practice opportunities
- There are not enough school-psychologists in Hungary. Let the education of school-psychologists be extended, reconsider the expectations in terms of foreign languages and let the education be more practice-oriented.
- Expectations for basic language examinations should be unified
The National Union of Students in Hungary is committed to the protection of Humanistic Arts. The organisation pays particular attention to the financial problems of the education system for art students, the stranded digitalisation of the speciality and the outstanding problems related to language-education and psychology.
The full proposal is available in the official statement published at hook.hu (in Hungarian).