September 30, 2017
The European Students’ Union is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Communications Intern at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
About the European Students’ Union (ESU)
ESU is the umbrella organisation of 45 national unions of students from 38 countries, and through these members represents over 15 million students. The aim of ESU is to represent and promote the educational, social, economic and cultural interests of students at a European level towards all relevant bodies and in particular the European Union, Bologna Follow-Up Group, Council of Europe and UNESCO.
ESU actively promotes students’ rights and equal opportunities for all individuals in higher education. More information is available on esu-online.org.
Description of tasks to be undertaken by the intern
- Promote ESU events, projects, publications, campaigns and statements to other stakeholders and wider public
- Compile information for ESU’s website and newsletter
- Assist the Communication Manager with the implementation of ESU’s Communication Strategy
- Promote ESU’s activities through its social media channels
- Update media lists
- Ensure an effective implementation of ESU visual identity
- Manage the contact database and mailing lists
- Screening external queries and requests
- Co-operate with other ESU staff or elected representatives on ESU events’ organising
- Assist the Communications Manager in ESU promotional and campaigning activities
- Develop the administration and intranet of the organization
- Share daily secretariat tasks with other secretariat members
Profile of Trainee
Qualification: Educational Qualifications/Vocational Training
- A degree or comparable experience within the areas of Public Relations, Project management, communication, design and/or marketing.
- Knowledge and/or experience in promotional activities
- A very good command of the English language (spoken and written). Additional knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable
- Very good computer skills and web literacy
- Social media savvy
- Excellent visual skills with a lot of creativity;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, international environment;
- Interest in education related issues;
Personal and Social Skills
A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to attend the major events of the organisation.
Information Technology (IT) Skills
MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to higher education
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Layouting and design skills.
How to apply:
We only accept applications via Eurodyssée. Find out more on their website.