December 20, 2019
ESU supports the 10 demands of VSS-UNES-USU towards the newly elected Swiss Parliament in order to take measures to maintain and strengthen the quality of the Swiss education and research area.
On the 20 October 2019, a new parliament was elected, which has begun its work in the first week of December. The Swiss Students Union puts great hopes in the new parliament and expects that during the coming legislature great progress will be made on important issues. Therefore, ESU and VSS-UNES-USU demand the following actions from the new Swiss parliaments’ member:
- Equal access for everyone to Swiss higher education institutions
- Gender equality in the fields of education and research at all Swiss higher education Institutions
- More involvement of students in political decision-making processes concerning the field of higher education
- Participation of Switzerland in Erasmus+ as a program country
- Internships should have quality criteria, didactic value and be remunerated appropriately
- Harmonization and increase of cantonal education grants throughout Switzerland
- More affordable and accessible housing in and around Swiss cities with higher education institutions
- No decrease or abolition of students’ discounts
- Implementation of the Climate Youth’s demands
- Increasing funding for Swiss higher education institutions in order to strengthen Switzerland’s entire higher education system.
Proposed by: VSS-UNES-USU
Seconded by: FEF, UDU, FZS, OH, NUIS, USI, SRVS, UNEL, LIS, NUS-UK, FAGE, POFEN, CREUP
Download it here.